Maccaferri® ParaLink® high strength geogrids are unique planar structures consisting of a monoaxial array of composite geosynthetics strips. Each single longitudinal strip has a core of high tenacity polyester yarns tendons encased in a polyethylene sheath; the single strips are connected by non-resisting cross laid polyethylene strip that gives a grid-like shape to the composite.
ParaLink is suitable for structural applications where a long term design life (50-120 years typically depending on regulations) is required. Typical applications are:
- Reinforcement of the fill of steep slopes where can be built using different types of facings
- Reinforcement of the fill in segmental block walls where ParaGrid can be used in combination with any type of block
- Reinforcement of low embankments on soft soils to limit and manage differential settlements
- Reinforcement in soil veneer applications where ParaGrid is typically used as reinforcement to stabilise soil layers on sliding sloped surfaces (e.g. landfill cappings)
WHY CHOOSE PARALINK?
- Tough and durable polyethylene sheath is resistant to physical, chemical and biological conditions found in basal reinforcement applications and reinforced soil structures, including micro-organisms, UV radiation and mechanical damage
- High modulus and low creep characteristics, sustaining over 64% of their initial strength over a service life of 120 years compared with geogrids made from polypropylene or polyethylene
- Quick and easy installation as they are lightweight, flexible and can be easily cut to the required lengths
- BBA certified for use as basal reinforcement under road embankments constructed on or over soft foundation soils; piled foundations and areas prone to subsidence
- Wide range of unidirectional strengths available from 100 kN/m up to 1350 kN/m - bidirectional strength can be obtained by installing two layers at right angles to each other