Bitac® multi-laminate road tape is a bituminous adhesive tape used in concrete and asphalt road pavements. It is a composite membrane of non-woven geotextile and self-adhesive rubberised bitumen. Bitac tape acts as a waterproofing, stress-relieving membrane between the old road surface and the widening, providing a long-term solution for road, bridge and culvert joints and repairs.
The combination of the self-adhesive geotextile impregnated with bitumen gives the product greater durability and high conformity to road surfaces. It has high strength and high elongation properties to ensure the waterproofing function and stress relief performance is maintained under the expected traffic loads.
WHY CHOOSE BITAC?
- Sticks and bonds rapidly and permanently to clean, dry surfaces
- High puncture and joint water pressure resistance
- Withstands hot asphalt pours on roadways and carparks
- Simple to install by hand as no special tools, heating or drying is required
- Helps to prevent mould by sealing out moisture
ASPHALT SEALING & REINFORCEMENT
Bitac tape is used to patch localised pavement cracks before the new surface seal is applied. It acts as a waterproofing, stress-relieving membrane between the old road surface and the new seal, providing a long-term solution for ageing road surfaces. The tape strips are available in compact rolls allowing for fast, easy application by hand.