Jute Mesh is an organic, flexible, loose-woven jute ‘cargo-net’ mesh used for temporary erosion control and seed establishment. A cost-effective and flexible product, easily separated so as to fall around existing vegetation. The coarse nature of the fibres, assists in capturing windblown soil and native seeds.
Jute Mesh is ideal for areas where ‘natural revegetation’ is being encouraged, such as sand dunes. It can be used in conjunction with local brush and twigs to help in the capture of soil and seed, preventing soil erosion.
It is a grass establishment and erosion control matting ideal for:
- Grass or plant revegetation areas
- Swale drains
- Sand dunes
- Coastal sites
- Mine sites
- Steep batters
WHY CHOOSE JUTE MESH?
- Retains moisture in the micro-environment for plants, allowing light and water infiltration that aids vegetation growth
- Provides a cost economical erosion treatment, applicable to large scale land areas
- Can also be used over the top of mulch on steep batters to help retain the mulch on the slope
- 100% organic natural fibres which are biodegradable over a 12 month period, depending on climate conditions