Concrete Canvas® CCX™ combines the impermeability of a geomembrane with the protection and durability of concrete. It can be installed as rapidly as conventional geosynthetics and 24 hours from hydration will cure to create a hard-wearing concrete liner which is ready to use.
It consists of two interconnected layers of geotextile that encapsulate a specially formulated dry concrete mix. A LLDPE geomembrane backing ensures the material has very high impermeability which significantly reduces or eliminates seepage losses. The composite concrete top cover provides a high degree of long-term durability with abrasion resistance more than 3.5 times that of standard OPC concrete.
CCX can be rapidly unrolled to line and remediate canal infrastructure. It is significantly faster, easier and more cost-effective to install than conventional lining methods. It can be hydrated either by spraying or by being fully immersed in water. As a result, CCX is the ideal solution for the lining and remediation of large channels such as irrigation canals to increase its operational life.
CCX products exceed the minimum requirements of ASTM D8364 – Standard Specification for GCCM Materials, for Type II.
Two variants of CCX are currently available: CCX-MAT (CCX-M) for erosion control applications & CCX-BARRIER™ (CCX-B) for containment of critical applications.
WHY CHOOSE CCX?
- Can accommodate a high level of differential ground movement due to the fibre reinforcement embedded within its structure - this prevents crack propagation whilst retaining high levels of impermeability
- Combines the impermeability of a geomembrane with the protection and durability of concrete
- Can be installed as rapidly as conventional geosynthetics and 24 hours from hydration will cure to create a hard-wearing concrete liner which is ready to use, minimising infrastructure downtime
- Reduces logistical footprint by up to 10x requiring fewer trucks and reducing operational overheads - it has an un-hydrated unit weight of 14.5-15.5kg/m² compared to ~220kg/m² for 10cm of cured concrete
- Offers significant embodied carbon reduction compared to conventional concrete linings
- Long-term performance with a life expectancy more than 50 years
Erosion & Sediment Control
Hydraulic Engineering & Structures
CCX can be used to line large hydraulic structures such as irrigation canals, navigable canals, and waterways. The properties of CCX make it well suited for lining large profiles, either as remediation for existing concrete canals or new linings for earth canals.
CCX can be used to line and upgrade existing reservoirs with the benefit of providing a protected geomembrane above the waterline where existing liners may be susceptible to damage. CCX can be used either to line the exposed reservoir crest area or the entirety of the containment surface.
CCX can be used to line large uniform profile channels such as feeder canals and flumes for hydroelectric systems. Please contact Concrete Canvas for high flow rate projects to ensure suitable fixings and jointing methods are specified.