EnkaDrain® is a lightweight geocomposite drain that replaces traditional gravel or sand chimney drains and is designed to collect and discharge groundwater and excess surface water behind reinforced slopes and retaining walls. It comprises of a polymer drainage core thermally bonded to a protective and filtering non woven geotextile on one or both sides.
EnkaDrain can be used in a variety of horizontal and vertical applications and combines drainage, protection, and filtration all in one product.
Thickness varies between 4 and 22mm. The standard EnkaDrain is available in 1 and 2 metre rolls, including fire retardant types.
Can be used in a variety of applications areas including:
- Basement walls
- Retaining walls
- Bridge abutments
- Green roofs
- Artificial sports fields
- Parking decks
WHY CHOOSE ENKADRAIN?
- Leading drainage composite for over 40 years with excellent durability and long-term performance
- Intercepts groundwater and channels it away from the structure to prevent slope and wall failure
- Eliminates clogging of the drainage core
- No deterioration of the boundaries associated with traditional drainage methods
- Will not degrade over time and will not pollute the subsoil
- Lightweight, strong and easy to install
- Supplied in small rolls for ease of handling and installation
- Various discharge capacities and compressive strengths available
Enkadrain is supplied to site in rolls that are lightweight and easy to handle. In reinforced soil slopes, Enkadrain SL is laid in strips directly onto the cut batter and connected to Megaflo® Green panel drain at the base for collecting and discharging the water away from the structure. Having a geotextile on both sides allows Enkadrain SL to be used to intercept groundwater in reinforced soil slope and wall applications. Enkadrain SL can also be used for drainage behind low height basement walls where it is placed up against the waterproofing layer and connected into a Megaflo Green panel drain at the base.