Maccaferri® Macmat R® turf reinforcement mat is a three-dimensional geocomposite. It is reinforced with a double twist steel wire mesh to provide tensile mechanical strength and erosion protection, ensuring the stability of roadways, embankments, drainage ditches, channels and other areas susceptible to erosion damages.
Macmat R is available in various styles and thickness to meet the needs for several different applications.
WHY CHOOSE MACMAT R?
- Steel reinforcement provides stability to the mat and subsoil for better surface protection of very steep slopes where the soil cover is limited
- Provides up to 200kN/m strength resistance in soil reinforcement applications
- Combined use of a geocomposite reduces installation costs by 50%
- Continuity of lining is easily achieved by lacing the edges together with binding wire or metal rings without overlapping
- Protects seeded topsoil from washout and encourages vegetation