Maccaferri® High Energy Absorbsion (HEA) panels are the stiffest products within the Maccaferri Mac.RO™ systems mesh range, offering extreme strength at low strain. The panels are woven from a single continuous length of high tensile strength steel wire rope, joined at each crossing point with the patented HEA ‘double knot’ connection. Unlike single twist spiral rope nets, the construction of HEA Panels provides exceptional stress and strain performance with the lowest possible deformation.
HEA Panels are used in secured drapery applications where a low deflection and high strength system is required. Due to the multi-axial performance of the panel, loads are transferred effectively to the anchors on the slope face regardless of the anchor layout.
WHY CHOOSE MACCAFERRI HEA PANELS?
- Used in secured drapery applications on rock faces where low deflection and high strength is required
- Commonly used to contain individual unstable rocks in the order of 1-1.5m³ in size when you require confinement with minimal deformation
- Made from a single continuous length of steel rope and joined at each crossing point with a high-resistance 3 mm wire double knot
- Patented ‘double knot’ connection for maximum strength transfer across the mesh
- Multi-axial configuration performance ensures that loads are transferred effectively to the anchors on the rock slope face regardless of the anchor layout
- High stiffness to limit rock detachment
- Heavily galvanised with optional polymer coating to ensure a long design life
- Flexible for conforming to irregular rock shapes
- Design support including access to an advanced suite of software free to our clients and on-going in-house training or via seminars
HEA is supplied in panel form rolled up for ease of transport and handling. In rock face stabilisation works, the HEA is installed once the anchors have been installed and the drapery mesh has been fixed in place. The rockfall netting drapery is required where detachment of rocks smaller than the HEA cable mesh aperture are expected. Panels are fixed from the top down and are laid side by side with no overlaps. A top horizontal cable having a thickness of 12-16 mm is use to support the HEA panels along the crest and anchored into position. Anchors are installed and HEA placed and fixed into position at each anchor point for treatment of individual unstable rocks.
Installation by a specialist contractor is recommended.