MacMat R is a mesh reinforced three-dimensional geomat that can be applied as an erosion control mat for sloped embankments, channel linings and soil-veneer applications. It was developed to meet the need for permanent erosion control material which was both strong and environmentally acceptable.
MacMat R turf reinforcement matting is a unique composite material of MacMat and Maccaferri's double twist hexagonal woven mesh reinforcement.
MacMat R is made from an open three-dimensional mesh with a high open area to hold soil and provide a medium for root reinforcement. The double twist mesh provides resistance to rupture of the geomat on steep slopes when soil filled as well as improving the efficiency of soil anchors.
MacMat R provides an efficient and cost effective form of erosion protection to better ensure the stability of the topsoil on roadway embankments, channel linings and other areas susceptible to erosion damage. Other aplications include:
- Steep slopes and embankments
- Combination rockfall netting / slope re-vegetation
- Liner cappings to hold a topsoil cover
- Lids to Maccaferri Reno™ Mattresses
- Spray concrete applications.
- Increases the shear resistance along the soil surface
- Protects seeded topsoil from washout
- Provides a zone for encouraging growth of vegetation
- Independently tested for hydraulic performance
- Combined use of a geocomposite reduces to 50% the installation costs over a double layer system
- Extremely high tensile strength
- Mesh gives stability to mat for very steep slopes where soil cover is limited
- Mesh limits damage to polymer mat.
After grading the slope to remove unevenness MacMat R is anchored along the crest of the slope and rolled down the slope and laced together. Steel pins are used to hold down MacMat R. The frequency of pins depends on slope gradients and should ensure good contact between MacMat R and the prepared soil.