Maccaferri® Defencell® MAC is a multicellular structure made of welded wire mesh, specifically developed to provide force protection against a range of ordnance, explosive and vehicle attacks.
The mesh is internally lined with a non-woven geotextile to confine the filling material inside each cell. The lining is overlapped and attached to the top edge of the unit, while the lower part of the fabric is left loose in order to form a soil retention seal, once internally folded on site. The geotextile is specially designed to provide extended UV resistance compared to the standard non-woven geotextiles. Defencell MAC units are joined longitudinally, by using connecting pins to obtain the required length of the structure.
Available in a variety of sizes, Defencell® MAC can be quickly deployed and filled in place to obtain a defensive modular barrier. The units can be stacked to form higher structures as needed to protect bases, camps, depots, vehicles or critical infrastructure. Units are also used in civilian environments to protect major buildings, airports or other facilities at risk of attack.
WHY CHOOSE MACCAFERRI DEFENCELL?
- System is based on Maccaferri's original wire mesh troop protection bastions, first used in WW1; now brought up to date to meet today’s demands
- Can be stacked to form taller structures as needed to protect bases, camps, depots, vehicles or other infrastructure
- Can be used in civilian settings to protect key buildings, airports, infrastructure, or other installations at risk of an attack
- Easy to transport and handle
- Quick and easy to deploy
- Suitable to be filled with material available on site