Biomac Waterlog Coir Logs provide erosion and wave control structures in riparian zones, capturing sediment in drainage lines and swailes. Biomac Waterlogs provide protection while vegetation establishes and takes over the long-term stabilisation.
Biomac Waterlogs are designed to provide natural stabilisation of riverbanks and other shoreline applications. All Biomac Waterlogs are manufactured from 100% coir fibre and bound by coir netting to give a totally biodegradable material lasting between 4 to 10 years.
Biomac Waterlogs are a crucial part of any bioengineering approach to riverbank stabilisation which minimises long term environmental impact.
The light weight of the product and environmentally friendly nature of the solution offers a more acceptable solution to scour repair and river stabilisation in environmentally sensitive environments than the heavier hard faced solutions.
Biomac Waterloag can also be used for sediment entrapment, wave and wind protection of:
- River banks and toe protection
- Coastal wave erosion
- Wetland erosion
- Swail drains
- Steep batters and sand dunes
- Straw bale alternative
- Rip rap alternative
- Building sites.
- 100% biodegradable
- Long term - lasting 4 to 10 years depending on site conditions
- Provides immediate protection to shoreline when installed
- Quick and simple to install
- Lightweight for transport and handling for fast repairs
- Flexible allowing it to adapt to any ground surface
Biomac Waterlogs are normally installed with wooden stakes at the mean water level and then suitable plants are installed into the top part of the waterlog.