ecoAID is a modular underground arch stormwater chamber system for detention, retention, infiltration and harvesting with sediment and gross-pollutant removal.
ecoAID is an underground modular stormwater management system used to detain, infiltrate or harvest stormwater run-off and also provides stormwater treatment by utilising an internal gross pollutant and sediment trap via a designated inlet row called a ‘Catch-All-Row” (C-A-R). The dual function of stormwater collection and treatment allows the engineer to optimise their drainage layout by minimising the number of external manhole pits required on site with the added benefit of omitting any need for upstream gross pollutant and sediment traps.
The ecoAID chamber system can form part of a treatment train providing primary treatment through the removal of gross pollutants, course and fine sediments via physical screening, sedimentation and filtration techniques.
ecoAID is an exceptionally strong and robust water storage and treatment system that is designed to be used under public roads and highways, car parks, sports fields and public open space providing the engineer with opportunities to save valuable land space and protect our natural waterways from the damaging effects of pollution from new and existing developments.
The ecoAID system is manufactured in Australia making it a cost effective alternative to imported systems whilst providing the customer with shorter lead times to site and also supporting the local economy by boosting the Australian manufacturing industry.
Gross Pollutant & Sediment Control
ecoAID utilises a proprietary system called a “Catch-All-Row”. The system:
- Captures 100% of gross pollutants
- Captures a high percentage of silt and sediments down to 110 microns
- Removes a high proportion of Total Suspended Solids (TSS), Total Petroleum Hydrocarbons (TPH) and Phosphorous (TP)
- Is easy to clean and maintain
- The “Catch-All-Row” allows for rapid stormwater ex-filtration through slots punched into bottom of each corrugation per chamber
- The “Catch-All-Row” utilises Geofabrics high quality and proven Bidim Non-Woven geotextiles for filtration and separation
- Can be configured as a single or dual “Catch-All-Row” depending on level of treatment required
ecoAID has been used throughout Australia on many types of projects including:
- High end commercial developments
- Residential and sub-division
- Local and State government projects including schools and hospitals
- New sports fields for water harvesting
- Drainage under public roads
- Open sump conversions into Public Open Space (POS)
- Australian made
- ecoAID has been designed, manufactured and tested in accordance with ASTM F2787.
- ecoAID has been designed to AS 5100.2 Australian Bridge Design Wheel Loads.
- ecoAID is very quick and easy to install with each chamber weighing only 15kg.
- The system can be lined with an impermeable membrane for detention and harvesting applications.
- ecoAID can be installed in a single or double layer configuration.
- The modular system is infinitely scalable.
ecoAID’s light weight chambers and end caps means easy and rapid installation on site. Please see ecoAID Installation Guidelines for further details.